Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Maui Car Rental

Who%26#39;s the best to rent a car from? We are going in Oct. and have planned on renting something thru Costco but I noticed a couple of posts about cockroaches and dirty cars. I would really like a Convertable Mustang. I definately don%26#39;t want to drive a filthy car around. Any hints?





Thanks,





Jen



Maui Car Rental


Posts about roaches I read talked about renting from Alamo.





We rented from Budget in August and didn%26#39;t have any problems, only the agent having a bit of a hard time with the points voucher (rewards on credit card) I was trying to redeem to get $150 off my $236 rental.



Maui Car Rental


Oh, that was $232 for 10 days. Booked through Costco, no other coupon, in Feb for August trip.




Aloha CoffeequeenJ





I%26#39;ve had good luck with Dollar.





I%26#39;ve had roaches in Alamo cars on Kauai. I don%26#39;t know how they are on Maui. Their prices are good, but once you%26#39;ve had roaches for vacation mates, you don%26#39;t want to go there again ~





jc




We used Budget a few weeks ago in Oahu %26amp; Maui - great experiences with both - low mileage vehicles, clean %26amp; no roaches! Great experience.




Thanks,





Looks like we reserveed thru Budget- so we%26#39;ll stick with them. I%26#39;d rather pay more than have bugs as traveling companions.





Thanks,



Jen




I%26#39;ve had great results the last two times with Budget. And IMHO, I think Alamo has been ';bugged'; a little too much about those extra travelers.





(But I must say last rental with Alamo about 2 or 3 years ago, I did have about three extra ';friends'; in the trunk with me on vacation. Remember your a guest and be nice if you really bugged, then a quick trip to Longs for bug spray and trunk fumigation, no?)




In May 2007 one of theregular posters on this forum (MauiN0KaOi) referred to Alamo car rentals as an ';atrocity'; . See



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k117952…





MauiN0KaOi felt that the situation with Alamo was so bad that he/she organized a protest against Alamo and encouraged all Trip Advisor members to email Alamo .





MauiN0KaOi has not advised this forum of the results of that protest. MauiN0KaOi also held prepaid reservations with Alamo.





It would be great if MauiN0KaOi let us know the results of the Alamo protest - how many people emailed Alamo and what was Alamo%26#39;s response. Also what was MauiN0KaOi%26#39;s personal experience with Alamo when he/she finally rented from Alamo. MauiN0KaOi, did renting from Alamo turn out to be an atrocity ??





Update please.




i am holding a full size car thru costco/budget for 215.24 for 8 days after a 20.00 discount coupon but including all taxes and extra





bud you are quick to remember outstanding issues regarding earlier posts re: roaches and boycotts but you still have answered my question as to why you said no no no to visiting maui ocean center




Hey Lougee! Maybe there%26#39;s roaches in the Maui Ocean Center parking lot? (Oh no, I think I%26#39;m causing trouble here.....)




So sorry Lougee. The Maui Ocean Center is too expensive for what is just an average aquarium - nothing exceptional about it that you can%26#39;t see elsewhere that would justify the high price.





Lougee, I didn%26#39;t know that you valued my opinion so highly. I am flattered !!

No comments:

Post a Comment