Thursday, April 19, 2012

Now I have to wait nine months!

Just booked Sealodge C8 for two weeks at the beginning of June! So excited I can hardly stand it! Spent a week in crowded Kaanapali with friends earlier this year but haven%26#39;t been to Kauai (by far my favorite) for ten.



Now I have to wait nine months!


I have 8 months to go...and now with the fare wars I could probably have gone next month, but have no vac time available till next year that isn%26#39;t already booked :-(



Now I have to wait nine months!


Oh, I thought you had to wait nine months for something else... =]





Only 7 1/2 for us - we%26#39;re in the middle of a major home remodel, and everytime DH goes to Home Depot I think, Darn, wonder how many mai tais is he spending now?!




Oh yes, Kittygal - I saw mid-October fares on United DEN-OGG for $491... sigh...




The good news is we are redeeming airmiles for our flights...all that $$$ spent at Home Depot will be rewarded.... otherwise I would be whining about the cost of June airfares, you can be sure!




I keep telling myself, by the end of next May I will have stood at the two most southernly points within the USA---Key West and the Isle of Hawai%26#39;i...but...even December%26#39;s a long way off. And now I am praying that Aloha (where I booked my interisland flights for very cheap) doesn%26#39;t go bust before May...




Oh yes, we%26#39;re using our United miles card to pay for everything - even the emergency room co-pay when he fell off a ladder and needed stitches in his elbow... 50 miles closer to paradise!




I know what you mean...my United Mileage card goes with me everywhere, even pay property taxes with it... just wish I could pay mortgage payments with it, I%26#39;d have enough miles to go anywhere anytime!




Aloha, I feel for you all. We had a nine month wait that ends next week.......flying to Kauai on the 13th.





The time will pass and just think of all the valuable information you%26#39;ll get from the fabulous Kauai forum folks in the meantime.





Who knows I may start a whole new 9 month wait again as soon as I get back!!





I don%26#39;t want to wish your time to fly by because that means my 2 weeks in paradise will also fly by!





Aloha and have fun trip planning!








Me too! We%26#39;ll be there in early June. Never been to Hawaii before. We%26#39;re just now browsing VBRO for vacation rentals. I hear the North Shore is the best spot in June-- true?




kittygal wrote:



And now I am praying that Aloha (where I booked my interisland flights for very cheap) doesn%26#39;t go bust before May...







Is Aloha mumbling about going bust? I%26#39;ve book my flight with Aloha for February. Or is this just a vacation jitter fear?





jc

No comments:

Post a Comment