Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sheraton update

Aloha pumehana,

I just came back from another trip to Kauai and had a lovely time at the Sheraton. I stayed half of my trip in a gardenview and the other half of my trip in an oceanview room (I wanted to upgrade on SPG points and only had enough for half of my trip). The gardenview room wasn%26#39;t out of this world, but it was by no means awful. I read a lot of notes mentioning that the Sheraton was affected by construction noise and this is not really true. The one time I ever heard anything was when they were blasting one afternoon, and it did not really even bother me, because it was so far away. I would not tell someone not to go to the Sheraton simply because of the construction. I will say that Ho%26#39;onani Rd is more congested than in the past. Also, I was having a conversation with one of the restaurant managers and he said that the construction on the hotel was not happening anytime soon. In fact they are in the zoning stage now, and it hasn%26#39;t even been approved. If they do construction, he said it won%26#39;t be starting for at least 5 years. Also, I was told that all of the rooms were renovated last year. You could see it in the ocean view rooms but not as much in the garden view rooms.

I just saw a lot of questions concerning the Sheraton recently and thought I would put notes in. Also, I went to the new restaurant in the Hyatt called Yum Cha and loved it! Definetly go there if you are in the area! Let me know if you have any questions!

Sheraton update

tI was at the presentaion for Koloa Landing the other day and they will start pounding nails very soon (after Oct 27th). There is not as much noise around the Sheraton now because Koloa can%26#39;t start building until they have so many pre sales. They did blasting a few weeks ago and now are just grading. Those garden view rooms of the Sheraton might be affected. They are very close by. Not all the rooms will hear it but maybe if someone gets a room towards the construction site they can get moved.

  • get time from datetime
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment