Thursday, April 19, 2012

Which snorkel trip out of kihei/ maalea?

My husband and I are trying to decide between frogman, lani kai, and maui dive shop. I%26#39;ve found some positive reviews for both lani kai and MDS but nothing about frogman, although it does seem to offer the best discounts. My husband is all about the snorkeling, I, on the other hand would enjoy a nice boat and friendly crew. Don%26#39;t care so much about food. Any suggestions?





BtW we also are going to try the Scotch Mist II sunset sail. Any opinions on them either way?



Which snorkel trip out of kihei/ maalea?


We have gone to Molokini twice on The Lani Kai and enjoyed it very much. Nice big clean cat with bathrooms, fresh water shower, and slide. They do a nice continental breakfast and a deli lunch, two stops and the crew is great. I recommend them highly. They were wonderful with our son also if you have children.



Which snorkel trip out of kihei/ maalea?


Thanks , lani kai was the one I was leaning towards because I found a few good reviews about it and not too expensive. Do you know if they make you wear lifejackets while snorkeling? I%26#39;ve heard that some of the companies do...




Oh, gol...you know what I cannot for the life of me remember. I am thinking no.. I am picturing our photos and not seeing us in life jackets.





I liked them a lot. If I were to go again I would book with them. The first time we went the went in reverse of the other boats so we had Molokini to ourselves, that was really nice.




Thanks addictedtomaui! I think Lani Kai sounds like the way to go!




I did MDS back in December and they were wonderful. You actually go to the dive shop for your snorkel fittings (so you will definitely get one that fits you!), and the crew was very friendly. There were about 25-30 people on the boat. They also gave us wetsuits (free of charge) and lifejackets to those that couldn%26#39;t swim very well.





My parents aren%26#39;t great swimmers, so they had the wetsuit, lifejacket AND boogie board and flotation device (it was quite a sight! lol), and one of the guides stayed w/ them most of the time because my mom was a bit nervous. Very friendly and great attention!!





I%26#39;m going back again w/ friends that can swim and am looking at other snorkeling outfitters. Seems like Frogman is comparable in price to MDS, but it also includes a bbq lunch afterwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment