Thursday, April 12, 2012

Any Lucy the Goose sightings at Mo'laa Bay?

Last year in March, my gf and I had a friendly encounter with Lucy at the beach. Has anyone spotted her lately? Thanks.



Any Lucy the Goose sightings at Mo'laa Bay?


We saw (and heard) her every single day of our 2 week visit last September. We stayed at Moloaa and her home seemed to be in the yard by the stream next to the house we rented. We still talk about that silly goose! You can see my mention of her in our trip report.



Any Lucy the Goose sightings at Mo'laa Bay?


Yeah that goose was quite the character. She loved to just follow people around the beach. Maybe I will go pay her a visit in 2 weeks :)




Where does Lucy hang out? I would love to see her.





She reminds me of Petros the pelican on Mykonos (who by now is probably in his seventh incarnation). Used to wander the harborfront restaurants, begging for food and sometimes jumping up on a table and making off with a fish from a display!




We parked along the road and out she came at Mo%26#39;laa bay. There is a pond nearby or river, not sure of which. She will act tough but once you get down to her level, she just wants some attention. Then she will be yours til she finds someone else to latch onto. Its like having your own pet goose, she will just follow along like a dog.




JoeGasm





We stayed on Moloa%26#39;a Bay for a week in May and never saw her :(




I will be staying in Moloa%26#39;a Bay in two weeks; I%26#39;ll keep an eye out for her %26amp; let you know if I see her. BTW, have any of you stayed at Gilligan%26#39;s Cottage? We will be staying there for 6 or our 8 days. The pictures look nice... just wondering.




TxMom02



On one of our trips to Moloaa we met some folks that were staying at Gilligan%26#39;s. We have not stayed there but joined them for dinner one night at the cottage. It was adorable, and well equipped with anything you can imagine. We made a huge meal and had everything we needed. I think the picutres on the website are pretty much what you will get. The people staying there liked it very much. I am sure you will be pleased. The mosquitos were quite a bit thicker at that place than we were nearer the ocean, but with some coils burning they were not too much of a bother. Have a great time!




Thanks hikergirl! We plan to stock up on mosquito repellent... my husband is a mosquito magnet!!




All I got to say is Lucy Goosie, be care, there was a person looking for game to hunt. Hope you don%26#39;t end up ';dead duck';.

No comments:

Post a Comment