Thursday, April 19, 2012

back from 10 days at kuhio shores

We stayed at the Kuhio Shores for ten days at the end of Aug - beginning of Sept. We were in Unit 202. The most prevalent sound was that of the oceans crashing. That said, we were only two units from the road, so we did hear some cars and also some beeping construction machinery. All in all, though, the extraneous noise was minor, and our view was exceptional. We saw sea turtles from our balcony a number of times!

When we finally got to Poipu Beach Park, there were two sea turtles swimming near the shore - one even went into the shallow kids area. And, a monk seal basked in the sun. WOW!

KS 202 is clearly a budget unit, and I think the internet photos made that pretty clear. I would go back to the KS in a heartbeat, though I would choose a different unit. I am glad that there are some lower priced units at the KS, though, because that way more people can enjoy it!

All the debate on these boards about the North Shore v. the South Shore. Well, I%26#39;m a South Shore gal, I suppose. I like the idea of being able to use the beaches and snorkel all year. The north is beautiful, true, but we actually saw a more diverse variety of fish snorkeling in the beach near the Beach House restaurant than we did at Tunnel%26#39;s Beach! (I loved Tunnel%26#39;s though - it is fascinating!) I really like Koloa, too - it%26#39;s just got a nice feel to it, one that I did not get in any of the other towns (though the other towns were pleasant enough).

The construction did not bother me much - the fact that it was my first time in Kauai probably helped with that!

There is a lot to do in Kauai - I did not get to do everything I wanted. The ';kick-back';/aloha feeling hit pretty fast and pretty hard. I hope to go back!

Thanks to all on the forums for helping us have a great trip!

back from 10 days at kuhio shores

Glad you had a great time, Sooz! I know what you mean about not being able to do everything you wanted - we%26#39;ve been to Kauai twice and STILL have things we want to do when we go back!

back from 10 days at kuhio shores

Thanks for this update. We are staying in a house on Ho%26#39;ona Road facing the ocean and I%26#39;m not anticipating any problems because of the construction.


sooz61

Look into staying in unit 207 next time. Just saw it and it%26#39;s a gorgeous remodel.

  • reptiles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment