Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Halloween in Maui

I noticed another post about halloween and got me thinking. We will be on Maui on Halloween and am wondering if we will need to pack along costumes. I quess I don%26#39;t want to take up room in my suitcase for costumes. Any ideas? Is it necessary?



Halloween in Maui


Big, big party in Lahaina. Legendary. I don%26#39;t know if it is Halloween night or the weekend before - or both!





So where are you staying? If it is a resort, then they may have a party. It would be good to ask.



Halloween in Maui


I watched something on the local cable channel about those those crazy Halloween events in Lahaina.





I%26#39;m just glad beiing a Snoopy fan that the Great Pumpkin didn%26#39;t rise up and bite your A@@!







I sure wished I could be there during that Halloween event.




We are staying at the Kaapani Beach hotel, I didn%26#39;t see anything on there site about Halloween. Lahaina sounds like fun where do we go when we get there? Guess I could go out and look for that great pumpkin myself




The Halloween event in Lahaina looks pretty wild. But I%26#39;ve only seen it on the local cable replay.....sad late night viewing.





Does anyone know exactly when the Lahaina parade is? Please don%26#39;t say 10/31 or I%26#39;ll send the Great Pumpkin after you.....really when the Hell is it?




www.visitlahaina.com/events_calendar.html#Oct




Truthfully -- Halloween in Lahaina sounds like Mardi Gras. If drinking and large crowds are not your thing -- I%26#39;d take a pass.





I would pull up newspaper articles for a good perspective ... maybe call the Lahaina police and see what they say. It%26#39;s not for everyone. Great T-shirts, though.




We were there for Halloween in %26#39;05. I found it to be pretty tame. Some GREAT costumes. We dressed up as tourists, LOL





It was Halloween night, and the only parade I could recall was the kekei parade about 5:30%26#39;ish. They close down Front Street. We spent most of the evening at Moose McGillicuddy%26#39;s dancing with Batman and Robin, Ms Piggy, Dorothy, sans Toto, Captain Morgan, Captain Picard, Napoleon Dynamite, and a real live Paniolo.





Fun was had by all!




Halloween in Lahaina is a blast. Most of the hotels in Ka%26#39;anapali run shuttles back and forth all night. Don%26#39;t even try to drive into Lahaina and park that night.





They close Front Street from Bubba Gumps all the way down to the Banyan Tree. Keiki Parade starts around 4:30 and is lots of fun. Then the adults take over and things get progressively rowdier and bawdier as the night goes on. Some of the outfits are quite creative. Go early, take your camera, find a wall to sit on and just watch the show go by. Best free entertainment you%26#39;ll find anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment