Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sheraton Maui

I just finished reading the Sheraton Maui reviews and I am very worried about the beach area. Almost everyone states that the beach area is so crowded you can%26#39;t even put down a towel... They say the beach area and pool is completely packed. We were hoping to spend @ three days just hanging at the beach and pool but it sounds like that won%26#39;t be possible. Has anyone recently stayed at the Sheraton? If the beach there is so crowded any suggestions on where else to plan a day to relax at the beach?



Sheraton Maui


When are you going? My guess is that the bad reports are from people who have gone during the ultra crowded time of Dec/Jan. I%26#39;ve gone in the months of April, Sept, Oct %26amp; Nov. Never enough people there to even bother talking about.



Sheraton Maui


We are going next Sunday the 12th? One other ?? Do hotels generally upgrade you if they have the availability or should I request and pay for the upgrade before we go?



We are in a partial-ocean view room?




Generally speaking the hotel will give you the best available room in the category you have paid for. If they can, meaning they have rooms available during your stay in a better category, they do upgrade you with no charge. I would wait and see what they can give you with no charge and if you are not happy offer to pay for an upgrade when you get there.




Don%26#39;t worry! I was there in the beginning of October. Yes there are lots of people, but it never feels crowded. The beach is great, best part of Kaanapali. We were upgraded to Ocean View from Garden view. IMHO it is by far the best location in the Kaanapali area. Relax and have fun.




I was there a few years ago over Labor Day weekend and the beach was pretty open. It%26#39;s so huge I can%26#39;t imagine how many people would have to be there to make it feel ';crowded.';




Thank you!! You are RIGHT I need to just relax and enjoy it... I think to much!




While Ive never satyed at the sheraton, ive been to kaanapali 4 times in the past 2 years and have never even heard of the beach being that crowded. Black rock gets crowded with snorkelers, but nothing to complain about. I too cant imagine how the beach can get so crowded that you cant even put your towel down. Kaanapali beach is huge.





Also, if you want a room upgrade, its always a good idea to ask ';what other rooms do you have available?'; thats usually what i say and whether the front desk person upgrades me for free is up to them.




We were there over the Christmas holidays, which is supposedly the busiest time of year. While we didn%26#39;t stay in the Sheraton, we stayed at the Hyatt which is just a walk away. We walked down to the beach area (around 10:30 a.m.) in front of the Sheraton and enjoyed the Black Rock area with no problem. I read the same reviews that you did though and I too would have been concerned. Have fun.




Don%26#39;t worry about it at all. I always stay at the Sheraton and have never found the beach or pool area to be that crowded. Of course it%26#39;s Maui, so there are going to be people around, but it%26#39;s not overwhelming. The Sheraton is on the best part of Ka%26#39;anapali Beach in my opinion--you will absolutely love it! Also, I%26#39;ve always been upgraded to the next level room every time I%26#39;ve stayed at the Sheraton Maui, so I%26#39;d say if they have something available, they%26#39;ll upgrade you without you even having to ask. Have fun!




My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton in April 2004. We also had a partial OV room and it was great, awesome view. I didn%26#39;t think the beach and pool were crowded at all. I have a picture that I took from the balcony of our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment