Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help me decide between these hotels?:)

Hi

I%26#39;m planning a trip to Honolulu this Thanksgiving. I%26#39;ve looked for hotels and the ones I%26#39;ve come up with are:

Ala Mona

Aqua Wave

Doubletree

Whats the best option among these in terms of location wrt beaches and other stuff to do? Also if anyone has other recommendations for hotels, I would really appreciate it!:)

Thanks!

Sam

Help me decide between these hotels?:)

I%26#39;d also like to add the Resort Quest Waikiki Beachside hotel to my list!

Help me decide between these hotels?:)

The Beachside would be the closest to Waikiki Beach followed by the Aqua Waikiki Wave and both are close to the center of Waikiki.

The Ala Moana is close to the Ala Moana Beach and the shopping center also I believe it and the Wave had recent renovations.


Thanks! Are there any other good hotels/condos that are close to ';quiet'; parts of a beach? I realise being Thanksgiving, I%26#39;m not going to find ';secluded beaches'; :)


Maps of Waikiki hotels %26amp; condos:

www.driveguidemagazines.com/oahu_waikiki.html

This one has a good magnification feature, but no index.

spotlighthawaii.com/SpotlightPDF/WebMap/Oahu鈥?/a>

Lots of Oahu info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862鈥?/a>


I recommend the Royal Hawaiian, the Moana Surfrider or the Outrigger (between them). It%26#39;s a great stretch of beach and options for food and fun abound. You may not get a room this late, however.


I%26#39;ve stayed at 2 of them but I know the locations of the other 3 you are considering. Frankly I would not want to stay at any of them. The noise and traffic at any one of the would be of huge concern to me.


If you want something more quiet look to either end of the area, around Fort de Russey Park or around Queen Kapiolani Park. Or on the %26#39;backside%26#39; beyond Kuhio toward and along the canal.

Sorry don%26#39;t know any of the hotels you mentioned.


The Hilton Prince Kuhio and the Resortquest Waikiki Banyan are two that come to mind and I think are close to the pricing of the others you mentioned.

They are both in the area of Kapiolani Park that Suze mentioned and about two blocks from the beach and a country mile to Leonard%26#39;s Bakery.

  • How can I reuse ugly old blankets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment