Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ferry from Oahu to Maui

I am flying into Honolulu and want to make my way to Maui w/o flying. I think that there is a Superferry that does daily trips. When does this begin?

Thanks

T

Ferry from Oahu to Maui

July or August %26#39;07.

Ferry from Oahu to Maui

Oh wow, I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the island overall. I mean it%26#39;s great that you don%26#39;t have to fly to get to Oahu but still I wonder about all these changes.


I would check on it closer to the date to see if they%26#39;re actually in operation. www.hawaiisuperferry.com


I believe the superferry is still being debated and is not yet a sure thing. Maybe a local there can confirm. I%26#39;ve read that there is debate about avoiding or requiring an environmental impact report. I believe it%26#39;s up for final debate currently.

Any locals out there?


How frequent does the ferry go from oahu to maui and back again? And what is the cost per carload or per person? Also how far in advance do you need to make reservations, if they are necessary?


Don%26#39;t think its running at all at this point. Lots of problems with permits and some residents not feeling that its good for the islands. You might want to check flights because currently there are cheap flights. Even regular fare sounded cheaper than the ferry and the ferry takes longer.


The Superferry has been sunk. At least for now. It can%26#39;t come into Kahului Harbor due to a restraining order. Next court case will be this Mon. Also isn%26#39;t running to Kauai either. Due to resident protests. Hawaii Supreme court ruled they should have done an environmental assessment. They didn%26#39;t. Now they have to decide whether it can run without one while doing the assessment. And the saga continues........


Guess somebody in the business world wants to make a $$$ with the Superferry. I can%26#39;t see the need for it personally. I hope it stays sunk like that old ship off ';Shipwreck Beach'; in Lanai.

I understand the ferry from Maui to Lanai and even Molokai. But do we need a SUPER ferry.

And do we need more resorts, more townhomes, more upscale price point sites in Maui or whereever? Oh no, I hope I haven%26#39;t touched on a sensitive issue. (Like why they keep building without thinking about the impact and water useage, etc, etc, etc.)

Ok I am gonna hush now.....


Forgive me if this is a stupid question ... but what exactly is (or was?) the ';Super Ferry';?


google ';Superferry';

Will get you much farther on this topic.

Also check out the Maui News and Honolulu Advertiser online as there is MUCH in the news these days. in fact, headlines on most days.

Aloha :)

  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment