Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's your favorite dish at ...

So ... tell me ... so my mouth can start watering before I get there...





What%26#39;s your favorite thing to eat at:





Java Jazz/Soup Nutz



Kimos



Joe%26#39;s (at Wailea Tennis Courts)



Plantation House



Paia Fish Market





Any other recommendations?



(Honokowai Okazuya/Deli is already on the list ... I%26#39;ve done Mama%26#39;s, David Paul%26#39;s, Leilanis, Da Kitchen, and who knows what else .... looking for something new :-)



What's your favorite dish at ...


Java Jazz - veggie/sausage/feta frittata with toast for breakfast.





Paia Fish Market- only tried the sauteed opakapaka w/garlic and wine and it was great but next time I%26#39;d tell them to go easier on the garlic.





Okazuya Deli - mahi mahi w/lemon wine caper sause, chicken katsu.





Not on your list - The Beach House in Napili. For breakfast, the ratatoiulle (sp?) type veggies with crispy polenta/cheddar cakes, kalua pork and topped with fried eggs.



What's your favorite dish at ...


Java Jazz - only had their iced mochas - awesome!



Kimos - only had their mango coloda - omg!!! best ever!!!





My recommendation is - Sarento%26#39;s on the Beach - Linguini %26amp; Clams or Spaghetti w/Filet Mignon meatballs - yum yum!!! Service was the best, view was the best!!! My favorite place that I tried in Maui!




Kimo%26#39;s: The 32 oz prime rib on the bone... but only if you are HUNGRY! (or want to share)... or the Opah Kimo%26#39;s style, prepared with a garlic, lemon and sweet basil glaze, it is sweet, light and moist... this dish is one of the best...... AND DON';T FORGET the Hula Pie!!!




Don%26#39;t forget the Sea House at the Napili Kai. The oceanfront restaurant tables and oceanfront outdoor bar are wonderful! Who cares about the food! We had a nice dinner there and I have heard god things about ther breakfast. It was not the best food we had, but we didn%26#39;t regret going.




32 oz prime rib is in! Order on the first day there ... takes care of at least four dinners, right? WOW!





Thanks for the suggestions ... any more?




Sashimi Napoleon appetizer at the Hailimaile General Store. Malasadas at Komoda%26#39;s Store in Makawao. Hula Pie anywhere its offered.




Trixxee -- beach house at Napili? Gazebo? I haven%26#39;t heard of the beach house (other than Kauai ...) where is it?





As for hula pie ... is this the stuff that has ice cream, etc? I had some at Dukes and wasn%26#39;t terribly impressed, despite the reviews it gets on these boards ... what am I missing?!?




Sorry, sorry! I meant the Sea House! (I%26#39;m lucky I didn%26#39;t call it by it%26#39;s old ancient name - Tea House of the Maui Moon!).





The Beach House is a restaurant here in Laguna Beach. Don%26#39;t mind me - I%26#39;m old. LOL.




The gezebo is in napili and is a very short distance to the sea house resturant. The Gezebo is only open for breakfast and lunch both have killer views. There is always a waiting line at the Gezebo but they give you free coffee while your in line. Its usually about a half hour wait but the time goes fast because the views are great and its fun to talk to other maui visitors.




konagirl,



Re: Hula Pie..........What are you missing?



About 2000 calories! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment