Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kauai Must Do's?

Hi!





My husband and I are going to Kauai, Hawaii from Sep 25th to Sep 29th 2007 for our honeymoon. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt, Popiu for the first 2 nights and then up to Hale Makai Cottages for 3 nights (near Princeville).





Can anyone tell us 5 MUST DO things when we are there e.g. helicopter trips, restaurants, bars, walks anywhere in the island. We like nice food, are quite active but also like to relax and would like to do nice things (budget is not necessarily an issue because this is our honeymoon).





I really appreciate anyone%26#39;s help.





Thanks!!





Louise



Kauai Must Do's?


Congratulations on your honeymoon!





I am not a honeymooner, but will be doing Kauai for the first time next May. Apart from the great advice on your Maui question (coffee in the am on the lanai, drinks in the pm on the lanai, with partner), these are the things I plan to do on my trip.





Sugar plantation tubing adventure---a coworker went, he is still raving about it. Sounds perfect.





Horseback riding in the am up at Princeville, then explore the north shore. Maybe get to Ke%26#39;e beach and walk a bit on the trail out to Na Pali.





A boat ride to the Fern Grotto (I%26#39;ve wanted to see it since I was little) for a relaxing end to the afternoon, maybe the lu%26#39;au at Smith%26#39;s if I am up for it.





Waimea/Kokee trip in the early am with a hike on the swamp trails if it is not too muddy.





Blowhole, to see the spectacle and shop for sparklies ;-)





The swinging bridge.





Na Pali sunset cruise.





Now if I was on my honeymoon, these activities would probably be more geared to leisure exploration, nice meals, etc. Or maybe not---I%26#39;d probably marry an actionperson just like me (though at almost 50, I kinda doubt that%26#39;s gonna happen anytime soon).





Have a wonderful honeymoon!



Kauai Must Do's?


Must do things.....hmmmm. The two that come to mind for me are a Na Pali coast trip, and spending time on the North Shore. I%26#39;ve never taken a helicopter trip on Kauai, although I%26#39;ve heard wonderful things about them - we chose to do a boat trip to see the Na Pali coast instead and had a terrific time. Got to snorkel, see the beautiful sea caves, etc. I would wholeheartedly recommend a Na Pali boat trip. The North Shore overall is absolutely gorgeous and shouldn%26#39;t be missed.





I also think you%26#39;d enjoy seeing Waimea Canyon, and spending time at various beaches. They are all different in their own ways, and all beautiful. Two that come to mind for me are Ha%26#39;ena and Mahalepu (I can never remember how to spell that!).





Bars - you%26#39;ll love the view from the Happy Talk Lounge on the North Shore and we had a great time at Tradewinds in the Coconut Marketplace. Although we ate at quite a few restaurants, food isn%26#39;t really a big thing with us and we usually just stopped at the closest place to eat! Having said that, we enjoyed the Olympic Cafe, Duke%26#39;s, Tropical Burgers, and Kalypso. None of them fancy - just good food.





You%26#39;ll have a great time, no matter what you choose to do. Congratulations!




Zipline at Princeville is really fun



Helicopter tour is cool



Napali boat cruise is very popular



lots of hiking, check the blue book Ultimate Kauai guide



relax on a beach



sample the shave flavors



sample the fruity cocktails




Hike down to Queen%26#39;s Bath in Princeville....to a lava rock swimming pool with the waves crashing against it...absolutely beautiful!





Horseback riding at Silver Falls...relaxing, beautiful and the little waterfall/pond area was fun!





Dinner at Roy%26#39;s....excellent.. I know that its a hit or miss but it was a huge hit two weeks ago. Beach House or Grand Hyatt for appies during sunset...our dinner, though, at Beach House was a huge disappointment. Great view though.





Waimea Canyon.





Polihali Beach....the drive is bumpy!!!! and on dirt...but the beach was awesome.





Hanelei....anywhere there




tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29218-s409/Kauai:Haw…




Really like Duke%26#39;s at Marriott in Lihue - great setting right on Kalapaki Beach. We thought fresh fish dishes were outstanding. Also very romantic for honeymooners.



Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment