Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In search for a reasonably priced food caterer

Help! Our wedding vow renewal ceremony is in Nov 07, and I%26#39;m not getting any response from the caterer I was trying to book. I was looking at clambakecatering.com. Their menu, prices and catering style seem to fit our needs, but I%26#39;m not getting any response from them! Has anybody hired them before, and is this customary, or are they just really busy this time of the year?





Anyway, if you have other suggestions similar to what these guys can provide, I%26#39;d truly appreciate it. We are holding the ceremony at a private vacation home, and we%26#39;d probably have a total 25 guests.





Mahalo everyone.



In search for a reasonably priced food caterer


I am not familiar with Clam Bake Catering, never even heard of them.





But here are some others I have worked with.





Larry Mischle is great and very easy to work with. He%26#39;s my first choice. mauiweddingcaterer.com I bet he would do a clam bake for you, if this is what you want.







Maui Flavors Catering in Waikapu. No website that I know of, but the phone is (808) 243-7755 Not a clam bake but very good food.







Mauro Gramuglia is a personal chef who does a very nice lu`au. You can find him at mymauichef.com.



In search for a reasonably priced food caterer


Thanks, kaiwahine. I%26#39;ve left a message for all three and just waiting to hear back from them. I have a feeling that their prices are going to be above our budget, but I hope someone can work with us.





Clambakecatering.com%26#39;s prices are unbelievably great. But I guess I%26#39;m compromising the service, because I still haven%26#39;t heard back from them. Oh well...




What kind of food are you looking for? How casual is the event? There are many places where you can get catering size portions to carry out, but they don%26#39;t do the setup, etc. Tell me what you have in mind.






It%26#39;s going to be a casual event. The guests can wear shorts or some other aloha attire (By the way, is that what is called Aloha Casual?)





We%26#39;d like the food to be Buffet style, serving at least One of Each of the following dishes: Beef, Chicken, Seafood and Vegetarian, and including a salad and dessert. OR it can be an onsite BBQ (meat and vegetarian, with appetizers and dessert).





There would be a maximum of only 25 guests, but ideally, we would like catering staff. We would also need a buffet table set up, maybe a couple tables with linens and seating. Prefer to use China over paperplates, but that%26#39;s negotiable.





We are pretty flexible, considering our budget, but of course, we do NOT want to compromise the food quality. It%26#39;s got to be YUMMY and fresh. And the service should be good.





Clambake offers FIVE meat dishes (4 of which is seafood), including paper products, utensils and buffet-style service for $30/person. Now I don%26#39;t know the norm in Maui, but I think that this is a great price, and yet have to find a similar offering. (But my husband tells me - if they%26#39;re not calling us back, that price is inexistent!) We are willing to allot up to $45/person for the same type of food and buffet style service and to include rentals. Is this an unrealistic budget?





All inputs are welcome. Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment