Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Advice for planning honeymoon

Aloha! I%26#39;m in the beginning stages of planning my honeymoon in 2009. Considering either Aug. or Sept. time frame. We will be staying on Kauai for 10 days. I dream of finding a condo to rent that has the ocean view, and doesn%26#39;t break my bank account. As it%26#39;s my honeymoon, I really want the view! Am looking at Prince Kuhio and Sunset Kahili right now. Any other suggestions, any ';secret finds'; I should know about...or websites that would be helpful?





I get so overwhelmed with all the choices, it seems that every time I go online, I find another condo to rent that I didn%26#39;t see the last time. I imagine in 2 yrs time, there will be more. Are there certain areas to avoid? How do I know I won%26#39;t get taken for a ride if I rent directly from an owner that is based on the mainland? I know I have a thousand questions.





If someone could just help me get started in the right direction, I would appreciate it sooo much!



Advice for planning honeymoon


Check out the views from Sea Lodge:





http://www.hestara.com/listings.htm





North shore of Kauai, overlooking the lagoon at Anini Beach.





Ken



Advice for planning honeymoon


PS - Can%26#39;t say I know much about the units themselves.





Ken




Aloha and congratulations.



I am here on the island right now staying on the north shore and just visited the south shore. I would not stay at Prince Kuhio. The construction is all around it. I went to a presentation for Koloa Landing and they said by next summer the 2 sites impacting that area will be in full swing. Right now there is blasting, grading and dirt and dust every where. Not sure about sunset Kahili.



If you are coming in August/Sept you should consider the north shore. I swear it was the most beautiful sunset tonight. At Hanalei Bay Resort you can rent (through a private owner) a ';hotel'; room (studio) for $140-160/nite. The one bedrooms with kitchen are $240-300. Pali Ke Kua is another possibility. I don%26#39;t want to discourage you from going the south side, but some condos are right in the thick of it. Wow I couldn%26#39;t believe the building going on. It is a mini Maui. I%26#39;ll take the north side any day.



Check out VRBO, Summitpacific.com and Regency Realty.



Also if you rent through an owner on a reputable site like SP you won%26#39;t get taken. Read reviews and ask other TA readers about their experiences.



Good luck.






Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





Sunset Kahili is over on the east side of Po%26#39;ipu Beach Park -- away from all the construction mess - hopefully it will stay that way too!





It is older, but I believe the units themselves are very nice -- it is directly on the ocean and in a really popular location to watch the green sea turtles feed. It is on a hill directly above Brennecke%26#39;s Beach and Po%26#39;ipu Beach Park -- both within easy walking distance.





Other places that are in the same area and also very nice (and somewhat newer) would be Honu Kai Villas and Nihi Kai Villas -- located about a block away from Sunset Kahili and on the way to Brennecke%26#39;s Beach.





As others have noted -- Prince Kuhio is in the middle of the construction mess -- that whole area is innundated with huge construction projects. Altho%26#39; some folks don%26#39;t mind vacationing around the construction -- I would hate it myself.





Sunset Kahili is in a great spot -- you have such a wonderful view of the ocean from there -- I would take that in a heartbeat over Prince Kuhio -- which isn%26#39;t even on the ocean, but across the street from it and backed up to the construction of Kukui%26#39;ula Development project.





Just my thoughts on it!





Malama Pono,



Janet




I would say stay in south shore (poipu area) or north shore



you have pleny of time to look



august/sept will be warm and could be humid but it is Kauai and it is never bad




I would recommend coming in September vs. August if you can help it. In August, you still have lots and lots of families on the island before school starts. It may be difficult to get dinner reservations or book the tours you want. We have two school aged kids, so we have to come over the summer break but I would prefer not to.





September is a perfect time for the north shore as well. I love Poipu and we usually always stay there (business reasons) but I come up to the north whenever possible. ';Adeleeee'; put together a trip report at the beginning of September. You should check that out.





There are a lot of inexpensive units in Princeville (I did some research for a friend). Check out Sealodge or The Cliffs. www.kauaivacationrentals.com has some inexpensive condos in Princeville. You have tons and tons of time (most places will not book a rental more than 1 year prior) so take your time, read this forum and surf the web.





BTW, I would NEVER stay at Prince Kuhio condos. Personal opinion.... Sunset Kahili in Poipu is a nice complex and well away from the current contruction.




Wow, I am so glad I decided to post my questions here! Everyone has been so helpful. I will definately keep reading and posting. This is exactly the kind of advice I am looking for to help me get started.





I have learned one thing...I will NOT be going to Prince Kuhio! Thanks for the honest advice about all the construction going on there...who knows, in 2009, it may not be an issue, but I appreciate knowing about it as I go along.





I am definately not married to the idea of staying in the Poipu area....I want to stay somewhere that I can get a fairly good deal, but I don%26#39;t want to sacrifice because of price....it is going to be my honeymoon, my dream vacation, and though I want to try to keep the cost of our condo down, I don%26#39;t want to be ridiculously cheap about it either....I just want a comfortable place with a romantic view and a full kitchen to help offset the cost of eating out...that way, I can splurge on good food at dinner time every night!!!





Please keep the ideas coming for me. I%26#39;m saving it all and researching as I gather more info. I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;ll think of more questions to ask as I go along.





Again, thanks to all of you who are so kind to take the time to write and advise! I cannot WAIT to be in Kauai! 2 yrs seems like it will take forever to get here, but I know the time will fly!


  • cosmetics online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment