Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recommendations for Kauai(and feedback on Resort Quest)?

Hello there,





I am going to Kauai in November for 7 days and Oahu for 3 days and will be staying at the ResortQuest Kauai Beach at Makaiwa. Does anyone have any feedback for this hotel? Also, has anyone gone to their onsite spa? I cannot find any additional information on the spa or the prices. Any other tips for Kauai or Oahu would be wonderful as well, for I have never been and I would like to make this a very romantic and relaxing vacation. Thanks in advance for all feedback!



Recommendations for Kauai(and feedback on Resort Quest)?




Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





I have never stayed there but I%26#39;ve been to the property several times in the last few months -- the hotel itself is very nice but has a somewhat weird vibe (my personal opinion only) - their outside areas around the pool are however very nice and I%26#39;ve heard that their rooms are lovely as well. It just seemed very deserted when I was there - maybe it was the time of day because I%26#39;m sure they were pretty full.





This property has gone through several owners in the last few years and it still has a somewhat ';transitional feel'; to me.



Hopefully someone will have some first-hand information for you on the spa -- I don%26#39;t know anyone who has gone there personally I%26#39;m afraid. It has a lovely oceanside location and while the beach is not a ';swimmable'; beach you do have a great pool area to compensate.





They also have a very popular lu%26#39;au that is held there on property in a big permanent tent.





Malama Pono,



Janet



Recommendations for Kauai(and feedback on Resort Quest)?


I stayed there for a few days in February and agree with the previous post. There is a weird deserted vibe. The lobby and common areas need plants and better decorating. Regardless, my room was very comfortable and decently appointed particularly for the price. I wouldn%26#39;t consider it a resort or luxurious but for under $150 a night it was clean, quiet and everything in my room seemed relatively new. After my few days there I met some friends and we rented a house in Hanalei. I much prefer the north shore of the island but Kapa%26#39;a is more centrally located to the rest of the island.




We stayed at the Resort Quest in Waikiki Beach hotel and had a great experience there. We didn%26#39;t use them for our stay on Kauai, but the hotel was the best park about Waikiki. (We went after a week on Kauai, and were a bit culture shocked.)






Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





The Resortquest property in Waikiki is completely different in almost every way from the properties here on Kaua%26#39;i. There are actually 2 ResortQuest properties here -- the ';ResortQuest at Makaiwa'; (which is the one asked about) and the ';Waimea Plantation Cottages'; in Waimea town on the West Side.





I%26#39;ve stayed at the O%26#39;ahu one you mention and it is as different from the one here on Kaua%26#39;i as....well......Waikiki and Kaua%26#39;i! LOL!





Malama Pono,



Janet




there is also resortquest islander on the beach (right next door to the makaiwa). i know that because i have reservations there starting on the 28th ^^






The Resortquest property in Waikiki is completely different in almost every way from the properties here on Kaua%26#39;i. There are actually 2 ResortQuest properties here -- the ';ResortQuest at Makaiwa'; (which is the one asked about) and the ';Waimea Plantation Cottages'; in Waimea town on the West Side.





Aloha!



Janet, don%26#39;t forget the ResortQuest Islander on the Beach...it%26#39;s a nice alternative to the RQ Makaiwa. I have to agree with you that the Makaiwa has a weird feel...it%26#39;s changed hands so many times, that I feel sorry for the hotel, and it has never looked right...odd to put it into words...as though none of the owners have been able to get it right or figure out how to make the property work.





Bryan Brown



BBrown9825@aol.com




Thank you all for your responses! Does anyone have any ';must-do'; things to do while on a romantic getaway in Kauai? I will be spending a one-year anniversary and a birthday there so we would like to make it extra special!






Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





Mahalo! I didn%26#39;t know that ';Islander on the Beach'; had also become a ResortQuest property! But the only time I really see it is when I%26#39;m parking to go to the movies there at the Marketplace -- and I must not have seen their new sign.





I only found out a few months ago that the previously Aston-owned Waimea Plantation Cottages had changed hands over to ResortQuest -- so now I know there are 3 properties here that they own -- wow! Did they take just all Aston properties or other ones as well I wonder?





Malama Pono,



Janet




resortquesthawaii.com/hawaii/searchResults.do




oops that didn%26#39;t work. anyway you can search their website - they have 6 properties listed on kauai.

No comments:

Post a Comment