Friday, March 30, 2012

Ali'i Luau package vs. Admission/Evening show at PCC

I was just looking at the package prices for PCC...it would cost an extra $74 for the most basic package for our family if we chose that over just the admission/evening show price. Seems like quite a bit for a buffet and ';preferred'; seating, especially since we don%26#39;t really like buffets. So, I%26#39;m looking for opinions on this. We are a family of four, with 2 kids, ages 8 and 6. We could just go to the ';snack bar'; onsite and get our dinner, but not sure what that would cost. The kids are light eaters.





Whattya think? TIA!





Mel



Ali'i Luau package vs. Admission/Evening show at PCC


I%26#39;ve been debating that, too. I think we%26#39;ll go for the Ali%26#39;i simply to have the whole experience. It%26#39;s doubtful that my family will go for any traditional or different foods while on vacation, but this will give them an opportunity to try. It is quite a price difference but may be worth it.



Ali'i Luau package vs. Admission/Evening show at PCC


If you choose to go cheap there%26#39;s a McDonald%26#39;s just outside the gate. We ate there before going into PCC.



We did the luau and enjoyed it, however, I can understand your concern with little ones. You will all enjoy the night show.




Only you can decide if it is worth the additional cost.





The new prices are $83 ($59 kids) for the Ali%26#39;i Luau package or $58 ($47 kids) for admission/evening show package.





You%26#39;re right it comes out to be $74 more for your family.





Snacks will probably cost around $10 each, so your total savings will probably only be $34.





You can save $40 with an Entertainment Book coupon regardless which package you choose.





The seats for %26#39;Horizons%26#39; are better if you get the Ali%26#39;i Luau package. But, even the seats for the other package are OK.





I think I would opt for the Ali%26#39;i Luau package, because of the better seats fro %26#39;Horizons%26#39;.





They also have an optional buffet for about $15 each (maybe a little less for kids). No entertainment with that buffet, but it is better food than that at the Ali%26#39;i Luau. But you%26#39;re stuck with the cheap seats for %26#39;Horizons%26#39; with this option. And you wouldn%26#39;t save that much with this option either.




If you can swing it, I would definitely recommend booking a package that has a guide (such as any of the ambassador packages). I really think you get a lot more out of the day and the villages if you have a guide to explain and give additional information about the various villages and the cultures they represent. You can ask lots of questions and they will also make sure you get to the demonstrations at the right time. Otherwise, you may be wandering around and missing out on a lot.





My husband and I did the ambassador prime rib package this past October and felt it was worth every penny. We added on the transportation from our hotel as well. The bus picked us up at about 10:15 that morning and we returned about 10:30 that night. The guide on the bus gave us lots of information and funny anecdotes about what we were seeing along the way. I know you are a family of four and your costs will be higher, but in my opinion the PCC was a highlight of our trip and we wouldn%26#39;t have had the same experience without a guide.





Aloha!




I wanted to add that the reason we did the ambassador prime rib dinner rather than the luau is because we already had a great luau at our hotel. If not, we would have opted for the ambassador luau.





Have fun!




We have had the Ambassador Prime Rib package both times that we have been to the PCC. I think the food is good and it%26#39;s a relaxing, peaceful, cool place to sit. If you go, see if they will seat you in the raised portion in the middle of the restaurant. You have a nice view and the tables seem more spread out to me.





I haven%26#39;t done the Luau, but I%26#39;ve heard it is very hectic and has lines for food. You see so many shows during the day, that it%26#39;s nice to have a break while eating, in my opinion. Going into the parking lot to McDonalds would not be a choice I%26#39;d make.





We eat and then browse our way to the show while shopping in the stores. That way we can think about what to buy on the way out. You do not need to get to the show more than a couple minutes before it starts.





Take your time leaving unless you want to sit in the parking lot. Twenty to thirty minutes is enough time.





I love having a guide to take us around. You get a good, optimal place to sit at the various shows and you don%26#39;t have to think of the timing. Especially for your first time, I would get the tour. Have fun!




We did the Ambassador Prime Rib pkg in Oct. The food was better than I expected. Our seats for the Horizons show were phenomenal! We were 2nd row, smack dab in the middle. We do not regret getting that pkg. Since our trip was in Oct., I purchased my Entertainment Book in August for about $10 or so. As far as the guide goes, that is the luck of the draw. Our guide was just so-so. For some reason we were always the last group to get to the shows. Sometimes we had to stand in the back. Thankfully, our tickets included general admission for 3 days after, and we were able to take advantage of that to see what we missed.





So is the price worth it? To us it was. We were on vacation plus it was only the two of us.



Would we have chosen the same package if it was the 4 of us, I%26#39;m not sure.




So happy to read the last few posts because we have booked the Prime Rib package (with transportation), too. My husband is a big beef lover and since this whole trip is for me (just a little bit of golf for him!) I thought he might like something familiar.



However!! If we were bringing the kids, I%26#39;m sure I would have gone for the cheapest luau available figuring there HAS to be something in a buffet they would eat and knowing they wouldn%26#39;t eat enough to warrant an expensive meal. I would also seriously consider good old Mickey D. outside the gate. I would definitely let them spend the day touring all the villages as kids the age of yours are best when they are active! I%26#39;m also sure they will love the Horizons show with all the dancing, colors and action. Lucky kids to be going to Hawaii!!

No comments:

Post a Comment