Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Family friendly excursions?

I%26#39;m traveling with my husband and almost 5 year old in one week and staying for one week in Princeville. I%26#39;m looking for some activities to do with my daughter. We%26#39;d love to go on a boat and see dolphins and whales. Any suggestions?



Family friendly excursions?


We did a boat trip last March with Liko Kauai and it was beautiful, although my kids (10 and 13) did feel seasick. We took Dramamine, but I think I%26#39;ve heard Bonine (sp?) works better. The ocean can be rough in winter. My kids were happiest swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, and fooling around in the pool in the afternoons. They also enjoyed wandering around, looking for geckos and birds and that sort of thing. She might enjoy a luau (or a free hula show). Poipu Beach on the South Shore is a good place for kids during the winter months -- others who are more familiar with the island will have more information. Lydgate Park is also nice for snorkeling and they have a neat kids%26#39; playground. You might also do a search on this forum with key words such as ';best kid activities'; or something like that. Lots of stuff will pop up. Have a great trip!



Family friendly excursions?


there are a few older threads where people talk about which boat they like best. Might be worth checking out.





The bad news is, the seas have been really rough the last week or so. You need to hope for calm weather north of us as those Pacific storms mean high surf for us.




Unfortunately, my husband has a conference which is why we are staying on the north shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment