Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Maui with 4 year olds

Just booked at trip for this October to Maui - staying at Four Seasons. I was planning on 4 nights, but was surprised to get 5th night free promotion, so added another night. Now...what do I do with my 4.5 year old twin boys for 4 days? Here%26#39;s what I have come up with so far, but I need more ideas!





1. Hotel pool %26amp; beach



2. Sugar Cane Train



3. Maui Ocean Center



4. Submarine Tour



5. Kid%26#39;s club at Four Seasons





Anything other great activities for 4 year olds that I am missing here?





Next...room question....I booked connecting Garden View rooms because in the past when we have stayed at the 4S (before kids) the ocean view was not really worth it. Are the garden view rooms ok? I don%26#39;t want to regret my choice - My husband is ok paying for the ocean view, but I just can%26#39;t justify paying the extra cost (for 2 rooms) when the view is just ok.



Maui with 4 year olds


Looks like you%26#39;ve got it covered for activities. The train I would not recommend but maybe take a drive up to Lahaina/Kaanapali and let your boys take a look at the train and see if that is something they want to do. I believe there is a play structure at the Kamaole III beach and a large grassy area if your boys just need a chance to run around - do this in the morning or late afternoon so they don%26#39;t get too hot.



Maui with 4 year olds


I%26#39;m a father of twins (boy and girl) plus an older son. We%26#39;ve been to Maui a few times with the kids. What they seem to enjoy the most is all day between the pool and the beach. Playing in the sand and surf for them is paradise. You might want to save one day for nothing and then decide after you get there.




The Banyan Tree in Lahaina is pretty neat. My then 2.5 yr old daughter loved it in August 2007.





Also an ice cream cone at Lappert%26#39;s in Lahaina.

No comments:

Post a Comment