Saturday, March 24, 2012

Westin Kaanapali Villas Location? How is it?

I am going to be heading to Maui in August for my Honeymoon and we are considering staying at the Westin Villas. We are looking to stay at a place that has a kitchen and from what i can see of the photos, the Westin Villas look nice. My only concern is the location? Is it in walking distance to Whalers Village, Restaraunts etc..? My Fiance wants to stay at the Whaler, which sounds like it may be a little more centraly located, but it looks a little to ';rustic'; for my honeymoon. I want something a little nicer. Any advice or feedback on the Westin Villas would be appreciated! Or any other suggestions on where to stay would be great as well.





Thank you!



Westin Kaanapali Villas Location? How is it?


We%26#39;re going to Westin Villas next week, to use half our timeshare. We have stayed at Marriott as well, which is adjacent. That beach is great for walking on paved path or sand. Also has nice surf. It%26#39;s about half mile from the shopping area. There are fun restaurants on the beach at the Village. The Swan Court dining room at the Westin Hotel is a special treat-romantic spot. We split a dinner, with an extra charge for second plate and have dessert to keep costs reasonable.



Paul-Lake California



Westin Kaanapali Villas Location? How is it?


I believe the op was asking about the Westin Villas, which are a little further north, on the other side of Black Rock. I believe you can walk to Whalers Village, I think it is kind of a long walk though, but there is also a shuttle that runs from the Westin Villas to the Westin, which is next door to Whalers Village.




I own at the Westin Villas and I will tell you not to stay here for a honeymoon. It is primarily a family timeshare with lots and lots of kids. If you are looking for quiet and romantice probably not your best bet.





Don%26#39;t get me wrong the place is great and very nice but I would not stay here for my honeymoon.




You can walk to Whaler%26#39;s Village from the Westin Resort, but not the Westin Villas. I wouldn%26#39;t stay at the Villas for a honeymoon, nor would I stay at The Whaler for a honeymoon. Do you have to have a kitchen? If not, a good alternative would be the Sheraton Maui. It%26#39;s within walking distance to Whaler%26#39;s Village and is on the end of Ka%26#39;anapali Beach, which makes it a little more secluded and quiet than the other hotels. The Westin Resort in Ka%26#39;anapali next to Whaler%26#39;s Village is also nice, but a little overrun by kids for my taste.





Don%26#39;t get me wrong, I love The Whaler and we stay there often, but for a honeymoon you are right on with the ';rustic'; thing. For a honeymoon I would want a bigger pool, poolside service, room service, etc. Just my opinion though.




The westin villas is more of a family resort -big pool-expansive grounds-and lots of little ones





I%26#39;d pick the sheridian maui for a honeymoon or the Four seasons-besides who wants to cook on a honeymoon.The whaler is definatley rustic not a romantic getway-



I%26#39;m back at the villas in july-but i have teenagers




I would give up the kitchen and stay at the Sheraton on Kaanapali. It is wonderful and romantic! Stay away from building 2 with the family suites. You can see the layout online. Join Starwood free for discounts. They did have a minifridge in our room.




Just read a new review on the Westin Villas in the hotels section. The new North Villas are much quieter. I am a bit concerned about all the wind. Is it windy all year round? We will be there in June.




Hi Jan



Yes you are on the windward side of maui but the breeze comes in handy on a Hot ,humid day.




Slight correction...





West Maui is on the leeward (not windward) side of the island.





Without the consistent trades, Hawaii would not be the paradise it is. No doubt at least one evening in Lahaina you will experience the thick humidity which quickly jumps up when calm.




The Westin Kaanapali Villas is probably the worst place to stay on the whole of the western side of Maui.You may as well stay in a concrete high rise in any world city.There is no ';aloha';feel at all.You are only there as fodder for their timeshare presentations.Beware of glowing reviews by owners who would be cutting their own throats by saying anything negative.No,it is not in walking distance of anything.The location of the Whaler is so much better.



Why am I so negative about the Villas?



Because I have stayed there and am not an owner.!!!



Contact me directly if you want more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment