Saturday, March 24, 2012

Favorite Beach/ Vacation Book

Hi

We leave in 4 weeks and am getting really excited. I know there is a lot of hype about the book ';Pillars Of The Earth';, but I don%26#39;t know anyone who has read it. Have you, and is it good, and what other books can you recommend?

The last time I asked this on a TA forum, I got some great recommondations.

Thanks,

Bellini.

Favorite Beach/ Vacation Book

you%26#39;re looking for beach reading? that one is ken follet, isn%26#39;t it? i%26#39;ve read a few of his %26amp; enjoyed them a lot, but haven%26#39;t read that one yet, so i can%26#39;t say.

one that about saved my life was ';the life of pi';...had a bit of a health problem our first night on nevis awhile back %26amp; had to spend my first day there alone in the hotel room...that book was a LIFESAVER!

one i love that%26#39;s particularly appropriate for maui is ';fluke'; by christopher moore. assuming you have an irreverent view of life, a good sense of humor, %26amp; aren%26#39;t easily offended LOL

Favorite Beach/ Vacation Book

Thanks DOGMOM

I will take a look at your sugestion. I know I want to read the second book by the author of '; The Kite Runner';,. Smiling suns or something that sounds like that.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bellini


Anything by Robin or Rosamunde Pilcher.


i have read both The Pillars of the Earth and the sort of sequel World Without End...fabulous both, but very heavy for packing in luggage!

A Thousand Splendid Suns is very good (heartbreaking) but not quite The Kite Runner.

Don%26#39;t know your tastes...but I have read every book by Maeve Binchey and loved all of them and I second The Shell Seekers by Rosemunde Pilcher.

You could also try Belva Plain...Everygreen is her most famous, but all are great.

I belong to a Book Club...could you tell?


I would also, for your football/sports fans out there, suggest John Grisham%26#39;s book, ';Playing For Pizza';. It was recommended to me and I really liked the read. A very fun book for vacation. I just passed along my copy to a friend and family who just jumped on a big jet.


I just read Jesus Land by Julia Scheeres, it is a memoir and a very very good book.

Also some of my favorites iclude

The Pact

A thousand Splendid Suns

Kite Runner

The Girls by Lori Lansens

Rush Home Road also by Lori Lansens

The Glass Castle

Little Alters Everywhere


Just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, loved it, not as much as The Kite Runner but close.

Pillars of the Earth was a great read, I read it 2 years ago while on Maui, have the sequel to take with me this year.

Rohinton Mistery-A Fine Balance and Family Matters are both fabulous reads.

Also John Steinback-East of Eden.

Always collecting great books. I love this post. My idea of relaxing is reading on the beach. Reading The Hatbox Letters right now.


Aloha bellini:

I enjoy reading Janet Evanovich%26#39;s Stephanie Plum series books. %26#39;One for the Money'; ';Two for the Dough'; and so on. They have me howling, and they are small and light and great fun. Great laugh out loud books.

Also, if you want to read Hawaii based books, have you considered ';Shark Dialogs'; by Kiana Davenport? That%26#39;s a great read. Kind of like Michener%26#39;s ';Hawaii'; only from a Hawaiian family%26#39;s perspective. And then there%26#39;s always Michener%26#39;s ';Hawaii.';

I find I take too many books to read. By ';too many'; I mean two.


No offense, but these sound like chick books. imo, lol

Might I suggest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVCLtmFu9Y

Love Hawaii and have a good trip.


uh oh...Orange County Coastin...I sure hope you were teasing when you said ';Hawaii'; by Michner is a chick lit book! Follett%26#39;s books (not just Pillars, etc.) are surely not either. ';Day of the Jackal'; is one of the most exciting books you%26#39;ll ever read. I guess the idea is that for some of us, reading on a beautiful beach is the ultimate vacation. I know it%26#39;s my idea of paradise. Keep the suggestions coming!

  • Greek bed set
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment