Friday, March 30, 2012

Sugar Train

Hi, I have another question. We were thinking of taking the Sugar Train. I know you can take it just for the view and the ride, but there is a sunset one which ends in a buffet. Has anyone ever taken this tour and is it worth taking? Any reviews would be appreciated.





Alberta Travelbug



Sugar Train


This is excedingly boring. I%26#39;d skip it. Even toddlers are bored.



Sugar Train


I would much rather have you spend your money seeing some real sunset views at one of the Kaanapali or Lahaina restaurants facing the ocean. The view on the train is of the back fences of houses, very little ocean view.




Skip it.




You should skip this one/you%26#39;re money would be best spent somewhere else. My 12 year old was bored out of her skull.....




Kinda reminds me of Sanford and Son- rerun after re run after re run-a boring and pricey rip off-note the many bad TA reviews




I%26#39;m the opposite. I enjoyed it. The train does run through the hills of Kaanapali, but there are views of the ocean. It also runs through one golf course at Kaanapali. When it runs over the tall trestle, the engine blows it%26#39;s steam. The picture I took of it turned out great. I wouldn%26#39;t do this for the sunset and buffet, though. I%26#39;d rather have a 5:30pm reservation at The Hula Grill (Whalers Village), enjoy a great cocktail and dinner. Enjoy the train ride.




I second the reservation at either the Hula Grill or Leilani%26#39;s at 5:30. Much better ambiance.




The dinner train was discontinued in January. It was a lot of fun, the food was quite good, catered by the Sheraton. The musicians played on the train on the way to the paniolo-style bbq, and were joined by keiki dancers from a local halau to entertain you during dinner. But, it is no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment