Wednesday, March 28, 2012

GPS Tour Guide Hawaii

Aloha...my husband and I will be arriving on the BI on 3-7-08 thru 3-14-08...as we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary as well as my 46th!!! I%26#39;m not afraid to admit my age, now my weight...never mind..ha ha!!

I found a place on the BI where you can rent a navigational GPS tour guide that contains points of interest and informative audio, as well as turn-by-turn directions to everywhere on the BI. The cost is about $20/day. Their website is www.tourguidehawaii.com. If anyone has any comments on this little gadget as far as is it worth it or is it a waste of money. We will be staying at the Shores in Waikola. For the last month or so I have been educating myself about the BI, so I can be somewhat prepared when we get there. This forum has helped tremendously. I%26#39;ve studied the google map so I can see where everything is and just get a feel for the island...I figure atleast one of us needs to know something.

Looking forward to visiting your beautiful island in 4 weeks!!

Aloha

Bev

So. Cal

GPS Tour Guide Hawaii

since there is really only one main road and it has little well marked turnoffs... I dont see the need

The audio is good...

GPS Tour Guide Hawaii

Aloha, Congrats on the your 25th and you go girl on your B-Day (weight never included). The GPS site is news for me and I love new things so I am going to check it out next week, I am a gadget kinda gal ;o) but I am not sure if this is gadget or gimmick.

If you do the same we can do a little report on it. Seems a little pricey but who knows..I%26#39;ll ask them where they get their info from...


Gadget or no gadget, you don%26#39;t need a GPS on the Big Island. Buy the Ready Mapbook of West Hawaii and the Ready Mapbook of East Hawaii, the two will cost you $20, and hit the road.


You sound extremely prepared. Studying the google maps is such a great thing to do.

This island really is simple to navigate.

For any driving around in the towns, the Mapbooks will show you all you need to know, and save you money, plus you will have them when you get home, and can follow along on future discussions. Also very good for showing roads in the country, gates, unpaved, etc..

I agree that most points of interest are very clearly marked, in fact I can%26#39;t offhand think of one that isn%26#39;t.

That said, if you want to play with it, go for it.

I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll NEED it, but if you enjoy it, and you don%26#39;t mind spending the money, that%26#39;s really your call.

  • kid explain to
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment