Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Too overwhelm with planning. Please help Must do in Honolulu

Hello, My friend and I will be in Honolulu next week, 02/10 to 01/6. It will be my first time there. I have a little dilemma, my friend will be working all week long. He won%26#39;t be out till 5PM everyday. So, I basically will do most activities by myself. BTW, I%26#39;m a natural lover, and a history geek. Here are the things that i put down so far, Pearl Harbor, Arizona Memorial, Missouri Memorial, Halona blowhole, Hawaii Shark Encounter, Kualoa Ranch for horseback riding, Diamond Head and Manoa Falls.





I%26#39;ve been doing a lot of research and now I%26#39;m completely overwhelm. Please help my plan this Hawaii trip. What can we do in the evening when my friend get out of work? Where to eat? what to do? PLEASE HELP. Thank you everyone for your input. I%26#39;m truly greatful.



Too overwhelm with planning. Please help Must do in Honolulu


Since you are interested in history and culture, check out the Bishop Museum in Honolulu. Its a wonderful museum with a lot of history of Hawaii and the Polynesial Cultures.



Too overwhelm with planning. Please help Must do in Honolulu


Lots of info;





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862鈥?/a>




The sunset cruises off the beach are really fun. I don%26#39;t know if you can get there on time. There are a couple that leave right off the beach around 5:30.



No food but good drinks. There is one at the Outrigger Reef that leaves fon Friday at about 7:00



We really enjoyed that. We also went on a hike to Manoa Falls with oahu nature tours. You would not feel funny by yourself. everyone was so nice. There were 7 of us altogether.They pick you up at your hotel. Also the Royal Hawaiian is fun for Mai tai%26#39;s etc. and Duke%26#39;s at the Outrigger Waikiki was fun for drinks and dinner (not fancy) !!!! Hope this helps!!!




Do not miss the Iolani Palace! You will understand the history of Hawaii so much better after the tour. Make reservations.





Evenings ... a nice dinner and walk, walk, walk! See what is playing at the Hawaii Theatre.




Thank you so much everyone for all your help. I really like the idea of sunset cruises. Please let me know which cruise is one of the better one to go on. None of us are drinkers. =) I also add Byodo-In Temple and Iolani Palace to my list.





BTW, Pearlharborbaby, you have addressed one of major concerns, which is doing most of these activities by myself. I normally don%26#39;t mind doing things alone, but this is my 1st time to Hawaii. Therefore, I%26#39;m kind of scare. Thanks for your reassurance.




Hiya,





Just to say I would highly reccomend the Lyon Arboretum if your a nature lover. If you are highly energetic you could even do it the same day as Manoa falls - as you pass the entrance to the arboretum on your way to the start of the falls trail. Have to admit though - we really enjoyed doing both together but it was a bit of a stretch physically for me lol





enjoy your trip!





(like you could not!) :0)




In the evening I would try to go to a Luau. Alot of people go on their first trip to HI. I also second Dukes for dinner or drinks.




Unfortunately there would not be much sightseeing after 5PM, but Waikiki is bustling with energy at night, so I%26#39;m sure you will find things to do. Some Thai restaurants (like Singha Thai has Thai dancing performance at dinner) might be a neat thing to see. Plenty of night clubs. And I agree, Duke is a lot of fun.




Jeannelle, We went on the Outrigger catamaran but that included all drinks $38. I did drink soda but everyone else drank mai tais and beer. You might want to find one that drinks are extra. I know there are a few that leave from Waikiki beach. Maybe someone else knows. As far a being on your own, I think you will be fine. I found everyone to be very friendly. I was not by myself, but I would definitely



not mind doing things alone.



Great place, just use common sense. Don%26#39;t go anywhere



that is isolated. I did do quite a bit of shopping alone and also took long walks by myself during the day. Have a great trip!!!!




If you like shopping (in addition to nature and history) that would burn up the days fast. Search for the websites for Ala Moana Shopping Center, Victoria Ward Center and Waikele Outlets to see if you would like to do a little shopping in Honolulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment