Friday, March 30, 2012

Where to stay in Oahu ~ Help!!

Hey Guys,





I posted earlier about my apprehension regarding the condo I booked in Makaha before I realized that it wasn%26#39;t the ideal location.





Now it looks like I might be able to get out of that rental as the owner made a mistake and double booked our last night.





So I am now looking for a condo for my husband and I to stay in for the first 5 nights of our vacation 2/23-2/28. We are satying in Waikiki fo rhte second half so we want to stay somewhere a bit out of town. We are in our mid 20%26#39;s and are renting a car to explore the island. We would like to be close to a town/restaurant/bar area.





Any Suggestions? We need to let the condo owner ASAP of we want out so any suggestions would be very appreciated.





Thanks in Advance!!



Jen



Where to stay in Oahu ~ Help!!


Try Kailua and the VRBO site.



I haven%26#39;t done VRBO, but we love the windward side of the island.



Where to stay in Oahu ~ Help!!


Jen,



I agree with the last post. Kaiua is a fabulous area and I have seen plenty of rentals for that area on VRBO.




I agree with the Kailua comments. It is beautiful and one of the best parts of the island. Also beautiful (but not too far from Honolulu so i don%26#39;t know if it counts as out of the city) is Hawaii Kai. It is just around the corner from Hanauma Bay and close to amazing beaches as well.




I agree with the Kailua comments. It is beautiful and one of the best parts of the island. Also beautiful (but not too far from Honolulu so i don%26#39;t know if it counts as out of the city) is Hawaii Kai. It is just around the corner from Hanauma Bay and close to amazing beaches as well.




Kailua/Lanikai or North Shore.




I highly recommend Marriott%26#39;s Ko Olina Beach Club. (see my review). Not too far. Only 18 miles to Waikiki.Feels like Maui there. Beautiful lagoons, luxury accomodations, great heated pools,etc.




Kailua is great, but can be very expensive. You could also try Haleiwa on the North Shore. There are lots of rentals and the town is cute. We love both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment