Friday, March 30, 2012

Kauai ATV Tours or Kipu Ranch Adventures or...?

For anyone who%26#39;s done ATV in Kauai, which do you think is the best outrigger to experience ATVing? So far, I have Kauai ATV Tours %26amp; Kipu Ranch in my list. I heard there%26#39;s also a good one in Princeville--is this true?



Kauai ATV Tours or Kipu Ranch Adventures or...?


I did the Kauai ATV ';Waterfall'; tour in the summer 2005, no rain so the trails were dry. If it rains or has been raining the goal is to hit all the mud holes and arrive back as dirty as possible. The scenery was nice. Its real controlled riding no passing single file line with one guide in front and one in back. If your staying in Poipu do the Kauai ATV Tour, you leave from Koloa its real convenient. I don%26#39;t anything about the Kipu Ranch adventure.



Kauai ATV Tours or Kipu Ranch Adventures or...?


We did the Kipu Ranch Adventures ATV tour in the fall of 2006 and would highly recommend it. It was an amazing tour with awesome views of the island. Kipu Ranch is privately owned so this is the only way to see it and we will never forget the untouched beauty that we saw on the tour. We took the 3 hour tour, got pretty dirty and had a blast! The guide grew up on the ranch and shared many of his personal experiences, history of the island, and folklore. There has been many movies filmed on the ranch - we even got to swing on the rope swing from one of the Indiana Jones movies. I would highly recommend this trip to everyone - it was really awesome! Definitely a highlight of our trip. On our 2007 trip, we went ziplining at Princeville Ranch - another highly recommended activity. Have fun!!!




I have some great pics of my kids once they got back from Kauai ATV tours. Email me your private address and I%26#39;ll send them to you. So much fun. I think either company has a good reputation.




I%26#39;m curious what the speeds are for each company. Do they let you move or is it a pretty slow tour. I know that I%26#39;ll enjoy the scenery on either, but the speed might sway me one way or another.




We have done a lot of ATV%26#39;ing and I would say that the ones at Kipu Ranch were the fastest we have been on through a tour company. They were very safety conscious and taught everyone how to handle their machines. Some of the terrain is hilly and pretty slippery but I would say that you could get up to 35-40 MPH in the straightaways if the you were able to. You are in a group, so you can%26#39;t do a lot of crazy stuff and can only go as fast as the people in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment