Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fake Tan

Do you go to a tanning booth before you go somewhere hot in the Winter? Why or why not? Are they really that bad for you if you only go in them once a year?





What kind of suntan lotion is your favourite?



Fake Tan


yes they are bad for you and yes I go. I like to be tan before I go and I am well aware of the risks. Our friends daughter got a fake spray on tan last spring before we went and when she went in the water half of it came off, she was all spotty. I like Bullfrog for sunblock.



Fake Tan


Atually, tanning in a booth is not a fake tan. It is real, and very damaging. That said, yes, I have done it before, but for the last trip, I didn%26#39;t because I%26#39;m just getting too darn old and wrinkly already to let myself subject myself to more damage. I%26#39;m content with a very light tan, and try not to tan at all on my face to minimize damage and wrinkling.





Bullfrog Gel is the best IMO.




Also, you may get a tan in a tanning bed but due to the different type of rays, you can and will still burn in the real sun. That said, I do it too. For the color and I develop very bad sun poisoning-tanning bed or real sun-so I try to expose my skin to some (very little) of the rays before going out in the intense sun. This helps just a little.




I don%26#39;t like tanning beds. We%26#39;ve all heard about the dangers. As an alternative, I used a tanning gel on my legs and arms every day for about 3 weeks before our last trip to Maui.



I didn%26#39;t want to scare anyone on the beach with my white legs! Anyway, it worked real well(L%26#39;oreal Subime Bronze in ';Medium Deep';) You%26#39;ve got to apply it evenly after a shower when your skin is clean.



Within a few days on the beach I got the ';real'; tan.




Just a theory, but if getting a head-start on tanning will reduce the temptation to over do it once you get to Hawaii, then it seems as though booths can be justified as the ';lesser of two evils';.



Years ago, in response to a friends skin cancer, we did our best to avoid getting tanned and coped with ';didn%26#39;t you go to Hawaii this year?'; questions for weeks after returning home.



As with everything (the one exception being chocolate covered Macadamia nuts), moderation is the key.



As to favorite sunblock, I like Coppertone Sport sunblock (pump) spray; it%26#39;s SPF 30, semi-waterproof and non-gooey (can%26#39;t stand those sand magnet lotions).




I%26#39;ve tanned prior to trips - not so I don%26#39;t burn or anything like that because I know I will - I just feel thinner when I%26#39;m not stark white. It%26#39;s an illlusion, I know, but it makes me feel better in a swimsuit. I always cover my face and now even my chest though on the rare occasion I go to a tanning salon.




I go to the tanning bed before vacations even though it is very bad(I make sure I go to the dermatologist once a year to get moles checked), and I%26#39;m glad I went before we went to Maui because I would have fried. The top of my head where I wear my part did burn pretty bad.




Same with me, I get checked every year. I have pretty olive toned skin to begin with so I do tan easily. And yes, as stated you still need to use sunblock even though you have been tanning, the sun is so much different and stronger.




Hi





I always thought that if I got a base tan, that I wouldn%26#39;t burn as much when I got the real thing. So that%26#39;s not true?



I don%26#39;t have really white skin, and I tan well, but I always do burn a bit in the beginning.





I always use Ombrelle Sunblock. I start with a 30, then go down to a 15. I think this Sunblock is Canadian.



In the U.S. which Sunbock is supposed to be the best?




My husband and I go tanning before we go any place sunny i.e. Maui, Mexico, etc. (which is about once a year) Yes it%26#39;s terrible but it really helps us cut down on the burn factor once we arrive. We also dont look like looking beached white whales if ya know what I mean. We do make a point of gradually getting the tan a good month in advance in the booth before going on the trip. That way your not rushing it and can gradually build up your tan. I would suggest wearing 30 sun block on top of the tanning bed tan. You still get a good tan and protect your skin from any further damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment