Friday, March 30, 2012

Maui Rain

Aloha ~



I%26#39;m heading over to Maui in about a week. I know it has been raining a lot. I know it%26#39;s winter so I am expecting rain. My question is, is it a COLD rain? Is it COLD out? I am planning on taking just a carry-on and backpack. Will I need to pack long pants, sweatshirts? If so, I%26#39;ll need to probably check my bag.





Also, I%26#39;ll be staying in Wailuku. Do the streets flood there?





Mahalo for any replies ~





jc





Maui Rain


Conditions at



Lahaina



2008.02.05 1845 UTC



Wind from the NE (050 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT)



Visibility 10 mile(s)



Sky conditions overcast



Weather Light rain showers



Temperature 68 F (20 C)



Dew Point 66 F (19 C)



Relative Humidity 93%



Pressure (altimeter) 30.1 in. Hg (1019 hPa)



ob PHJH 051845Z 05008KT 10SM -SHRA SCT020 BKN030 OVC080 20/19 A3010



Maui Rain


http://hawaiiweathertoday.com/





Some kind TA respondent shared this. I think you will find it handy.



We%26#39;re leaving on Saturday. Planning on taking a poncho and sweatshirt.




Here is another weather source, with specific area forecasts from the National Weather Service. Hawaiiweathertoday, uses these forecasts, but this is even more specific. You can also enter the name of any other city, or click on the map at the bottom of the page for other nearby forecasts.





forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…




Yes, in the winter it can be a cold rain. I have a friend coming on Mon. I told her to bring a sweatshirt and a long pair of pants. It looks like it may be warming up, but that can change in an instant!! Come prepared. Most of Wailuku is pretty hilly. Havne%26#39;t been there during a hard rain so don%26#39;t know if the streets flood. It is on a rather rainy part of the island though.




Just got back. Yes it%26#39;s a cold rain.. sweatshirt..or other med overshirt works. I picked up a cute long sleeved shirt at Crazy Shirt and ended wearing it almost every day..even to the beaches!! When it%26#39;s sunny it%26#39;s HOT. Have fun ALOHA




luckyz:





even though it rained ~ were you still able to do things? or were you holed up inside? I am going to the Keali%26#39;i Reichel concert and I will kayak to it if I have to.





everyone else, thank you for your replies. I will definitely be changing wardrobe!





jc




We arrived on Maui, on Dec. 31st, in the middle of quite the rainstorm. I dont%26#39; know what the temp was but, strangely, I found it cold. Coming from Calgary, Canada, it was odd that I was so cold. I was wearing my water-resistant fleece on the plane (cause it was freezing), as well as jeans, and still had the fleece on in Maui.





The Alamo lot attendant was complaining of the cold and rain, as well.





But it was all great after that, warm and sunny. Very pleasant.




When rain is forcasted for Maui.. it means that somewhere on the island it will be raining..but not everywhere. It poured one night while we dined at Roy%26#39;s..but afterward it stopped. We were able to go somewhere everyday..except one...(we had breakfast and shopped in Lahaina..where it was very overcast) when it didn%26#39;t occur to us to drive elswhere. Check other parts of the island.. about every 30 minute drive the weather seemed to be different!! ALOHA and have lots of fun!




Thanks luckyz ~ I appreciate it. I%26#39;ll have fun whatever I do ~ I won%26#39;t be at my office and that%26#39;s always a good thing :)





4 more days and a wakeup!





jc

No comments:

Post a Comment